1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

MACNA 2014!

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Kpotter2, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I talked with many of you about MACNA 2014 in Denver, CO at our Holiday party and I just checked on the price. It has gone up $20.00. If you think you may want to go, please look into it quickly the Early bird special was $99 when I bought mine. Now its at $119 and ragular price is $179. I would like to get a group of people to go and represent Girs. PM me if you think your may want to go. Get your tickets now...

http://macnaconference.org/2014/registration/

Link above takes you to the Registration part of MACNA 2014.

This is what Early bird special gets you

Full conference registration includes 3 days of exhibit floor access, speakers, workshops and raffles as well as the Friday Reception and Saturday Banquet.

Kids 17 and under have free access to the event, but require additional Reception and/or Banquet passes.

Regular price $179

Early bird pricing $119 for a limited time only (save $60!)

There are a limited number of registrations available at this price, so get yours now![/b]

2. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What's the date of the conference?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The weekend of Aug 29. If you go to link you can get all info.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  4. MACNA2014

MACNA2014 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The show runs Aug 29 - 31 in Denver at the Colorado Convention Center. The event hotel is the Hyatt, directly across the street. Hotel and airfare discounts can be found on the Travel pages of the MACNA 2014 website. http://www.macna2014.org

It would be great seeing everyone there. We had a fun time in Des Moines.......

5. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks MACNA2014!
    Sounds like many of us are going. My Family has a rustic cabin in Park county Colorado and I think I will be staying there. Its around 1 h 45 min from Denver. May stay in Ft Collins if needed at my Uncles not sure yet. It all depends on how many of us Iowa members go's.

KP

6. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    Are you going for sure Kyle? I'd volunteer to drive. Just told my wife I was going tonight she didn't say much.

7. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yep still going. So far Lee also.

8. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    Do you have room for another? Did you buy your ticket?

9. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yes we will need drivers. lol .We have not worked out details yet really. I do have ticket and so does Lee

10. jstngates Experienced Reefkeeper

Toledo Iowa
    Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0
    I'm in. Any rooms booked yet?

11. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is anyone looking for 2 full access passes? We got our tickets already but it looks like we won't be able attend this year after all. We've contacted them and they said they don't do refunds, but they will transfer it into somebody elses name. So we're looking to sell them cheaper than what their selling their early bird prices for and get them into somebody's hands that will get to use them! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif Will be posting on a couple of other fish sites, just shoot me a pm if your interested!

12. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did you get yours in the mail? I already purchased mine, but I don't think I ever received anything.

13. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I think you just print it out Lee. Then when you get there u show them your print out and you get your ticket, but not totally sure.

14. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    na you just print them out once they email you them. In my case I get the information of the new folks and just transfer the tickets into their name and put it under their email and they get the tickets emailed to them... instead of me. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/wink.gif

15. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I could not remember. Did it like a week after they announced it. Lol

16. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha yeah we did it at the last macna down in miami... and really I think last year we didn't even print it out, we just brought the receipt and they gave us our badges/packets once we checked in.

17. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I might have to do that--- I have the paypal receipt but never got anything emailed to me.. or if I did, it went to my junk folder and was deleted.

18. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    they just sent out there first email... I think it was titled "MACNA Updates and Information" you should search your email for it, just in case. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/wink.gif