1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

MARCH IC/CR FOOD DIY EVENT

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Kpotter2, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I updated the OP with bag counts. Up to 48

2. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If you had posted and said you wanted food, please check the count on the first page and verify it is correct. If it is not right let me know so i can fix it. Remember we are doing a final count on Sunday and ordering the ingredients on Monday.

Thanks.

KP

3. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

UPDATE:

DATE: March 1st

Where:

(Reefified) Chad Pelley house at

4295 Rec Dr Marion, IA 52302

Time: 11am-3pm

Things we will need!

2 or 3 New 5 gal buckets

Food Processer

cutting boards

Sharp knives

I will add more as I think of it also if you know you will be able to help please post here that you can. Helping will insure you will get a better price also for helping. If you can't then I understand, but we will need at least 5 people to do this event.

Everyone stay tuned to this post for more updated information.

Kyle Potter

4. Tickyty

Tickyty Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a food processor that has only seen fish food. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif I can bring that.

5. Reefman

Reefman Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Put me down for 3.

I can bring 3 brand new buckets!

6. Reefman

Reefman Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Put me down for 3.

I can bring 3 brand new buckets!

7. tbraz

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I can help and bring knives

8. Reefman

Reefman Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    By the way pencil me in for the Helping crew!

9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Just so everyone knows, I am going to be looking at an easier option instead of chopping/cutting the squid/octopus that could really speed this event up - a KitchenAid stand mixer with the Meat Grinder option. Put in the frozen stuff and grind it up. So if anyone in the CR/IC area has the Professional version of this with the grinder option, please speak up. I will be making a small test batch to check out this option.

10. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I seen you talking about that somewhere! let me know what the out come on the test is! I have one, but I don't have the attachment. I am sure we could see if the club could buy this for the Area. Keep us posted. Looks like the attachment is 49.99.

KP

11. Bigkel

Bigkel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Kyle, did we set a time for this event?

12. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yes I was pulled away from my update by the kids and failed to put it in.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  13. Reefman

Reefman Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What is the time on 3/1 ?

14. TimT

Belle Plaine
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll take 4 bags

15. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Its on the updated post in red. 9am tel how ever long it takes. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

16. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Reefman and TimT added to the list

Since we're combining the supply orders for CR and DSM, we need to cut off the list at this point we I can finalize quantities and place orders. Kyle asked me to go ahead and announce that since he's on the road today

If anyone else wants food after this point, there is no guarantee - there might be extra bags, might not.

17. Reefman

Reefman Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Kyle..... I may not be able to help that day after all, I was originally thinkimg it would be in the afternoon, pretty sure I have to work that day. I have the buckets picked up, I can give those to you this Saturday at the Bowling event, if that's ok....

18. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I think earlier the better, but if its not going to work for the majority of us then we can change the time. I will put up a quick poll just to make sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  19. Reefman

Reefman Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats fine....If I cant attend not a biggy I will catch it next time.....I may luck out and be off that day......I doubt it......

20. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Please Note the Time change. DIY food event will start at 11am on March 1st. If you can't get here at 11 then please come when you can between 11pm and 3pm.

Thanks
    KP