1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

MARCH IC/CR FOOD DIY EVENT

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Kpotter2, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    I plan on coming but have to work till around noon

2. Candi G

Candi G

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I plan on being there. Do you still want me to bring a food processor?

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I'm sending 2 food processors but bring 'em if you got 'em the more the better really. We only ended up using 2 but had a 3rd I think. It was mainly a space thing.

Kyle wanted me to post also that there should be a few additional bags, so let's open it back up for anyone who still wants in. There *should* be around 70 bags when all is said and done, at 16oz each. I would say that to be safe let's open it up for 10 more bags (bring it up to 65 total) and that will give you a bit of a cushion to make sure the everyone is currently covered.

Price will be $10 each if you are there to help, $15 if not. In DSM we had a few people that were only able to show up and get their bags near the end and they paid $15. It's still a helluva deal really so no one had a problem paying the extra.

As long as the money covers the expenses, the extra food can be given away as door prizes or donated, however the group sees fit. Local schools, Boone, Smouse, the host of the event, etc. If for some reason the $ comes up short, I'll personally cover it and donate the food, but I'm not worried about that.

If anyone wants to paypal the funds that's OK as long as GIRS doesn't pay the fee, and the payment should go to the GIRS treasurer account. Contact me if you have any questions about how to make that work right.

Also you can pay dues at the event if you aren't current or are new

If anyone wants a sneak-peek at the process, go to the DSM thread, I posted the "instructions" on there

http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/Forums/tabid/78/aff/10/aft/32819/afv/topic/afnp/145367/Default.aspx

It would be great prep for the event if everyone gave it a quick read before hand

HOPE IT GOES GREAT!!!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  4. Candi G

Candi G

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I would take another bag.

5. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks very much Bud.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  6. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    I'll be there. I'll bring a couple of knives and cutting boards. I have a couple of plastic folding card tables. I'll bring them for some extra counter space just in case.

7. Reefified

Reefified Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All,

I have a large granite island that we can all stand around, probably 8-10 comfortably. The kitchen has additional counter space as well, with 2 sinks. If we need to, we could always move to the unfinished part of my basement. We will have plenty of room for tables as well. Don't worry about RO/DI, I always have 65 gallons or so premade and will have it ready to go. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. Should be a good time!

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    That is awesome! Give the family movie passes or something though. 'cause it will stink in there during and after!!

9. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Please go to Pinned DIY event Update to address to event.

Thanks
    KP

10. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Also Please text me if you said you can bring a Corded drill. It needs to be 1/2 shank.
    Thanks

Kyle 3193315221