1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

March Tank tour coming

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Kpotter2, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Ray

Ray

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am in I am on NE side of CR. Work in progress though.

2. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ray's tank looks great, don't let him fool ya. I saw it last summer.

I'm certainly excited to see some tanks.

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    OK, we've got a nice group of tanks lined up so far. In no particular order here is who I have on the list that volunteered to show their tanks.

MXC207
    Lehrjet
    Alex
    Blackx-runner
    Skurious
    Ray
    Roman - Maybe

If I missed anybody, or if anyone else would like to show their tank please let me know ASAP. I'm going to be working out a schedule and a map this weekend.

4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    OK for everyone wanting to attend we'll meet at Fox Trail Park on Council St in NE Cedar Rapids I'll distribute maps and a schedule to everyone and we'll head to the first stop at 10am sharp. Please don't be late. If you might be late, PM for all the details, I'll let you know how to get caught up with the group.

You don't have to show your tank to join in the fun. Every one is welcome to attend. This is a great opportunity for Non-club members to "test drive" the club. Ask questions, meet other members, and maybe get some insight to future aquarium projects.

View Larger Map

Here is a rough schedule of the day. We will probably run late, but no big deal. No need to rush through the day.

10-10:45 Ray
    11-11:45 Roman ... maybe
    11:50 -12:35 Alex
    12:50-1:35 David (black x-runner)
    1:55-2:40 Casey (MXC207)
    2:55- ???? Jeremy (Lehrjet) Jeremy offered to let us hang out for awhile, might order some pizzas.

If anyone else wants to show their tank please let me know. I'm sure we can squeeze in a couple more. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

5. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
  6. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Why don't these things happen of Saturdays...

I travel a lot for work and almost always am leaving Sunday afternoons. Throw in church in the morning and it gets tricky. I know, can't appeal to everyone.

7. Shayna

Shayna Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to tag along for this tank tour.

8. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm psyched. Looking forward to it.

9. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

We have tried Saturdays too. If we feel the need to change that then we need to get more input. Saturdays are almost impossible to get people to come to, because most people have way to many things planed for Saturdays. We can try to do things more on Saturdays too so long as people will come! We did do a Saturday poker party and only 3 people showed up. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif I know not everyone likes to play cards, but we could still talk and have a good time. If you want there are always room for anyone to open there doors or if you have an idea for a meeting. Just shoot David(blackxrunner) or myself Kyle(Kpotter2) with an idea. We are trying to keep our regular meeting time and date on 2nd Sunday of each month at the North Liberty Rec Center for now. We will also try to toss in one or two in CR just looking for places to hold a meeting that don't cost or are very cheap are hard to find. There are months that other clubs things are going on and we will not meet officially, but we can meet for some fun Bowling, card party's or just hang out at a eating joint . We can also hang at someones house. I would always offer my home, but I do have a big empty 220gal sitting in middle of my basement right now. lol

Kyle

P.S
    I have to coach my son in a basketball Turny next Saturday and Sunday so i will not be able to join for the whole thing, but I will try to make it for the first few stops.

10. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yea, like I said, no way to please everyone. So no worries.

I am still seeing what I can work out.
    - Posted via Tapatalk

11. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

We will try our best that is for sure. Thanks for understanding..

Please get some things worked out!lol

thanks

Kp

12. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hey! It looks like I can make it! YAY!

13. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Awesome.

14. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    So it sounds like Ray is out due to doggy-duty (not do-do). What is the plan for the time tomorrow? Start at the same time or later?

15. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    We'll stick with the time frame and meeting location. I don't want anybody to miss any changes posting them up last minute.

16. Alex

Alex

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget to Spring Forward tonight!

17. Kungpaoshizi Well-Known ReefKeeper

davenport
    Ratings:
    +39 / 1 / -0
    I'm in, otw from Muscatine here in a little bit.. dam that lost hour though! lol

18. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Thanks for the reminder. I completely forgot about that LOL.

19. Kungpaoshizi Well-Known ReefKeeper

davenport
    Ratings:
    +39 / 1 / -0
    We could be late due to the fog...we're going through Iowa city now and getting closer. ..does anyone have a number that we could get just in case? Thank you!

20. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not going to make it today folks. Feeling under the weather. Reef on.