1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

MAY meeting - Controlling your tank-

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by blackx-runner, Apr 10, 2013.

1. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0

Who wants to learn about controllers?

We'll be getting together at the North Liberty community center on Sunday May 12 from 2-5pm to discuss tank control. Everything from mild to wild ways to control your tank and simplify your life. Emphases will most likely be on Apex controllers and programming, but we will try to touch on it all.

Club will provide soda. Feel free to bring a snack to share.

2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I can make this. Was just thinking the other day if I should order an Apex to replace me old ACJR so I can setup the webserver piece.

3. mfisher

mfisher

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good idea. We did this a while back and it boosted my confidence enough to buy an APEX. When we're done we can go to my place and program it! Seriously, though i really am just scratching the surface and need motivation to set up a few other things. This will be good. I may bring some examples of how i've got stuff set up.

4. MXC207 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ill have to attend this for sure. Been tryin to get to one of these and since im new to my apex this will be a good first round.

5. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    That's great! Get you Questions ready!

6. Shayna

Shayna Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to attend... Can I drag my husband along even if he's not a member? He's a programmer and I think it'll make a lot more sense to him! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

7. Tickyty

Tickyty Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guys, that is Mother's day.

8. Nemesis

Nemesis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like fun, but he's right as understanding as my wife is that's pushing it.

9. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah I forgot to look out for that! My bad lol We will use plan B. I will come up with another date. How about the following Sunday or April 28 maybe? Does anyone care if its at a persons house?

Thanks

Kyle

10. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yes you are welcome to ask him to come.

KP

11. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    I don't have a controller, but I'd like to attend. I want an Apex, but haven't tackled that one yet.

12. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0

OOPS. I never even looked, I just went with the second Sunday of the month we had proposed earlier this year.Thanks for pointing that out. We'll have to push it back in the month, at least we have plenty of time to change the plans a little.

13. mfisher

mfisher

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do we have to move it? It's not like its christmas, lol.

14. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

lol Yeah we better. I put in a few suggestions on alternitive dates. Anyone have any comments?

April 28,May 5 or the 19th Lets get a date nailed down.

Thanks

KP

15. mfisher

mfisher

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, but i promise you that date will be another "important" holiday too...

16. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

We are leaning towards May 19th. Will that work with everyone? I will post confirmation of this Saturday April 20th after this is up for a few days! Thanks everyone and hope to see you all there.

Kp

17. Shayna

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's the weekend of my daughter's science competition at nationals, so unfortunately I won't be able to make it, but hopefully I can to another.

18. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    How about the 5th?

19. Shayna

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's the weekend of my daughter's science competition at nationals, so unfortunately I won't be able to make it, but hopefully I can to another.

20. Shayna

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    5th works good for me. Pretty much any weekend does except the 19th, but I know how hard it is to fit everyone's schedule.