1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Memorial for Dan`s Son

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sponge, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0

This is a very sad time for our Club hearing of Dan's (daalbers) son's passing. I would like to set up a Memorial Fund for Tyler on behalf of GIRS. Tyler was 17 years old and just finished his Junior year at Adel-Desoto-Minburn High School. He had completed a year of Criminal Justice through DMACC. Dan and family are currently in Michigan. They hope to return home very soon. Please keep your thoughts and prayers with Dan and the family.

If you would like to contribute to the Tyler Albers Memorial, please send your donation via PayPal : terrilandt2@gmail.com Please send as a gift( family,friends). Thank you.

2. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Terri - thanks for organizing this. You've got mail.

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Received Dave. Thank you!

4. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I would like to have all memorial donations for Tyler by June 17th. This should allow sufficient time for people to PayPal their gift. Remember any amount is helpful. I will include your name and screen name so that Dan and his family know of your gift. As an example, Terri (Sponge) Landt and family, Dave Roth and family... If you prefer to add your Spouse's name and children please message me that or include in your PayPal (comments). It is times like this that friends come together to show their sincere support and concern for another Member.

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0

What kind of memorial are you planning, and what will the total cost of it be?

6. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I think she is just talking a cash donation and a card maybe. That is how I took it.

KP

7. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I'll answer this in a moment Craig.

Tyler was found yesterday and will be flown back home on Friday. Dan and his family are still in Michigan. They hope to be home very soon. Dan has indicated that nothing has been prepared other than the funeral will be at Hamilton's Funeral home. He and the family are very appreciative that GIRS has a memorial established for Tyler and thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

Dan also said that donations can be made to the " Community Choice Credit Union in Des Moines for Tyler Albers."

I have contacted Jeanette regarding the Memorial, Craig. I have not made a plan for the Memorial as I felt the BOD would take charge of that or provide direction. I know others {BOD members} are very busy with family and other summer activities and, because Dan is a Des Moines Trustee, I felt this is some way that I could help Dan and his family and, the BOD. Noone is ever prepared for a tragedy such as this. If the BOD does not take charge or provide direction then I will consult with Dan as to what the family wishes done with the donations. As of this writing, I have not heard from Jeanette or a BOD member. When I do hear more, I will update ;0)

8. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0

Jeanette is consulting with the BOD...

9. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Received Craig. Thank you!

10. daalbers

daalbers Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 3 / -0
    Terri thank you very much for doing this and for coming to the viewing

11. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    It was no biggie Dan. I hope you and the family are doing better. I continue to keep you in my prayers:0) I look forward to seeing you again at the group meetings! Maybe you can make it to the swap on Aug 2nd?! Hope to see you there!