1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

midwestfrags.com group order?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Jay, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Jay Well-Known ReefKeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    After talking with Marvin at MWF, I think we will change the way we are doing this, to make it easier and more organized, more details to come...

2. Jay Well-Known ReefKeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Posted By phishcrazee on 02/17/2010 12:49 PM
    Uh oh, maybe they can arm wrestle for it /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif Might be easy enough to slice off half the polyps and split it, assuming there's enough polyps on the plug.........
    If AJ doesnt find anything else I'm sure something can be worked out [​IMG]

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can also just order on a per polyp basis too...maybe they will just make another with the same number of polyps...can you ask Marvin about that Jay? If not, that's fine...I can probably find something else.  That's what I get for being slow on the draw....  :)

--AJ

4. williamh

williamh

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How does wysiwyg 64. look? a few less polyps.

5. Entwisle06

Entwisle06 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm in for
    acan 25 for $20
    acan 47 for $35
    and see if they have the names for them

6. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget, we get up to 4 free frags too /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif I'd like the green birdsnest for one, as I have the other ones, if we get a choice.......

7. Jay Well-Known ReefKeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok folks, change of plans, talked to Marv with MWF and he had a good suggestion on how to do this to make it easier for everyone. I will be the point man, so there is one person for them to talk to for updates to orders etc.

1) We each email him (customerservice@midwestfrags.com) our order and paypal him individually

2) They will start putting the order together and update me, I will update everyone from there on status

3) Everything will be shipped to my place in Marion and I will work out the details of getting everyone their stuff

Everyone cool with that? If so send off your email to Marc right away and we will get this going!

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That sounds great Jay! Thanks for coordinating this!

--AJ

9. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm assuming they'll figure in the GIRS discount? I just emailed my order in and asked about it.......

10. Strong

Strong

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    order placed in through email $45

11. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just paid for mine......Marvin said they would be adding A LOT of stuff to the Wysiwyg area over the weekend!

12. Jay Well-Known ReefKeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Posted By AJ on 02/18/2010 07:26 AM
    That sounds great Jay! Thanks for coordinating this!
    --AJ
    No problem : )

13. Jay Well-Known ReefKeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I will be talking to him today or tomorrow and I will ask about the 20% discount. I cannot wait to see what they add to the WYSWYG !! : )

14. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, he took it off my total, no problem /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

15. Jay Well-Known ReefKeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok cool, good to know, thanks!

16. MidWest Frags

MidWest Frags Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just added some more stuff to the WYSIWYG section! Be sure to check it out!

Matt

17. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Were these going to ship Monday for Tuesday arrival? Just wondering, because ANOTHER FREAKIN' SNOWSTORM is coming our way Sunday into Monday /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif So tired of the snow by February..........

18. MidWest Frags

MidWest Frags Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good morning,

I should have posted this info earlier -- same info as used in the other group buys. One thing I don't think I've seen is a deadline. Someone mentioned today as a ship date. The cold temps are killing us. It's just been very difficult to keep temp in the mid 70's when it's in single digiits overnight. Zoa's and paly's are much more forgiving -- SPS it's an absolute no go.

We need to re-evaluate and look at the rest of the week weather-wise. There have been several who have paid and reserved their frags. I will update Jay with this group buy spreadsheet later today. I will also post those who have paid.

Please read the instructions below on how we like to handle transactions and please don't hesitate to ask questions.

"I want to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible. We have done several group buys and everyone does them a little differently.

The first thing to do is establish a "point man" -- typically the organizing person which is also where the order is shipping to. In this case Jay.

The way we have had the most success is to have communication through email (customerservice@midwestfrags.com) with each individual about what you are interested in. You then decide on what you want to purchase and would pay us directly through Paypal. I can send a Paypal invoice if you need me to.

I will them accumulate the orders by individual on an Excel speadsheet and update Jay every few days.

When we ship the order we will include the final spreadsheet then print each individual their own invoice. Each container will be labeled with the frag type and the individual owner.

Trust me -- we have butchered some multiple buys in the past and have found you can't be "too organized".

So if this is agreeable to Jay this is the way I would like to proceed. If you wish to participate in this group buy, please email us your list and I will verify that we have in stock, then send you a total which you would pay to Paypal."

We appreciate this opportunity!

Marvin

19. Jay Well-Known ReefKeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good Marv thanks.

Looking at weather for Iowa, I'm not sure what day would be best, it is going to be below 30 until Fri with Thur being in the low teens from the looks of things.

20. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We should set a date to have your order in and paid for. Then at least we're just waiting on the weather..... maybe this Friday would be a good deadline date?