1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

My new retirement project

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xroads, Oct 15, 2017.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Just thought I would share one of the things I am doing with my time since I am retired.

www.cveats.com

Reviewing restaurants, wines, wineries, and sharing my cooking. This is the first time I have showed anyone, so would appreciate any feedback good or bad.

Leave comments, like the posts, and share with anyone you know of that likes food.

2. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    This looks like a tasty endeavor! Lots of fun to be had. My standard benchmark when eating at a new diner or restaurant for lunch is how well they make a reuben.

Sticking with the Cedar Valley area or do you have plans to expand?

3. Borky00 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Lisbon
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Loks like a lot of hard work has gone in already. How do you plan on keeping up with Google or Yelp who are already established?

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    If this takes off, I may expand to surrounding cities

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I dont think (I hope) this will be the same type of category. I am mainly focusing on the local city, locally owned places, and combining it with recipes & wine reviews. Google and Yelp you cant get an honest objective opinion most of the time.

6. Derek34

Manchester, IA
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to say I checked it out. Typed in Tenderloin in the search bar. It came back with LJ's. Nicely written review. I like how you include your bucket list of things you would like to try the next time(s) you are there. Helps give an idea of the standouts they may have. Must say I will have to stop in and give the place a try! Nicely done!

7. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Thanks, man, I appreciate it.

Another reason I am doing this is that there are so many great local restaurants out there that people don't even know about. Instead, they are always steered to the national chains. I boycotted them long ago.

8. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Hmm... Didn't find any FISH dishes. LOL

9. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Actually, I have some Ahi Steak that I am going to cook up soon.