1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking to Buy Need Sunp, Skimmer, LR/Sand, Soft Corals, Fish

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by railch, May 17, 2015.

1. railch

railch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am getting back into reef aquariums now that my son is a little older and am starting from scratch. I have a 72 bow tank and need some live rock and sand to get things off to a good start.

I have lighting taken care of, but am also in the market for a decent sump / refugium, skimmer, and pumps if someone has extra lying around. I will primarily be focusing on soft corals, but expect a relatively high bioload with my son helping pick out - so need something decent. :)

If anyone has any soft corals (leathers, mushrooms, xenia, etc) , inverts, or fish they would like split or get rid of, I would be interested as well.

Of course willing to pay accordingly, but just trying to save some money instead of buying new.

2. We just transfered to a bigger tank. You can have the sand if you want it. If you're interested PM me & we can talk more

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I have several softies. Where are you located?

4. railch

railch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great! I am near Iowa City / Cedar Rapids.

5. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I have 3 large rocks covered in waving hand Xenia that I am trying to get down to just 1 rock. I can get pictures when I am home tonight, but they look like this (snagged this sample photo from Google):

[​IMG]

I live in Marion.

6. Drewster

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    How much are you wanting for a rock or at least a frag of it?

7. railch

railch

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That would be exactly the type of thing I am looking for! I won't be ready for it for a while though - need to finish setting up hardware and get it cycled.

8. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Let me get actual photos tonight with some measurements for size of the Xenia and go from there.

9. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I meant to talk pictures earlier tonight, but go stuck late at work, then had some family stuff come up and the next thing you know, it was 10:00pm and the tank lights were off. I could have turned them back on, but the Xenia was 3/4 closed up for the night. Tomorrow night I will get the pictures right after work.

10. nickbuol Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I've got some photos. Not the greatest as I have a lot of water motion around the 3 Xenia clusters. For size, I would say that the rock in the middle is a foot long (from back to front). Again, these are all pretty good sized pieces. The Xenia is wider than the rocks themselves, and with the motion, too hard to measure.

[​IMG]

Here is the one on the left Probably 8 inch wide rock:
    [​IMG]

Here is the middle one. The other side is a little more "dense" as I recently turned this one. Rock is a little more than 12" back to front:
    [​IMG]

Here is the one on the right which is hard to see the rock, but it too is about 8 inches across on the rock:
    [​IMG]