1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Need4Digital.com

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lee, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever bought anything from this website, or known anybody who has.  They have an  excellent price on a SLR camera I want to buy, but I am very hesitant.  I did a quick google search on them and couldnt find any feedback.
    http://www.need4digital.com

2. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I still haven't found any feedback about it, but someone from work told me that it sounds like a scam that has been going on for awhile. Apparently they will keep telling you the item is on backorder unless you buy all of the other over-priced parts to go along with it. In other words, you can't buy one single inexpensive item.

They change names every couple months and are usually based out of New York. I guess they don't take your money though, just your time. Almost sounds like the same strategy "aqua tradders" uses.

3. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Yeah that place is a scam, it didn't have the same name but it has the same address as a site I try using once. Ordered a camera then did a search on the site, found out they had over 3000 pending claims. Buy it local if you can, with slr's it's almost easier

4. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you can't find a review on resellerratings.com then don't buy from them. Probably a scam.

5. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I ended up buying a rebel XT (350d) on ebay. It's an older model, but for $293 shipped & insured I don't think I can go wrong. It should be a good entry-level slr for me.

Anyone want their aquarium photographed?