1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New frag pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luukosian, Mar 2, 2009.

1. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Yea I got some ora green and purple cap.

2. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What did you say you feed your sps bill? I ended up hatching some baby brine like you said and put them in the tank tonight(not necessarily for coral).....didn't you say you use oyster eggs and zooplankton or something?
    I run a pretty low nutrient system, but wouldn't mind adding something to help the sps now that I have more than a couple.

3. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Those are the only zoas I have available right now got pleanty of sps.

4. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    If you go to coralpedia.com and look at the sixth pic under the armor of god pics it is what I have.

5. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  6. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    That's the one.

7. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I feed a little of everything I like to change it up alot.

8. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Bill on 03/04/2009 11:15 PM
    If you go to coralpedia.com and look at the sixth pic under the armor of god pics it is what I have. ~This~
    [​IMG]
    ~is not~
    [​IMG]
    We still on this subject?

9. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    personally lets just drop it, you didnt get the frags and the person that did is perfectly happy with everything, all i see going on here so far is a topic that might get heated and get it removed or blocked. And that wont help anyone out, which is what this site happens to be about. Nice frags by the way and Bill if your available this weekend i might stop out

10. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree this should be dropped, I have seen many corals that people have changed the names on.
    Lots of times you buy a cool coral and someone tells you a name for it that is inaccurate.
    Also I have NEVER seen anyone get away with charging $30 - $40/ head for an Armor of God Zoa.
    Thats NUTS! I have been many places and the average is $5 - $10 for them, I would consider $15 to be extreme.
    But, everyone is entitled to charge what they want

11. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I agree lets drop it if you want to talk about it futher stop by my house eric! 101 south pope st. hillsboro IA

Bill

12. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Bill on 03/05/2009 10:02 AM
    I agree lets drop it if you want to talk about it futher stop by my house eric! 101 south pope st. hillsboro IA
    Bill
    Is this a f^!k you statement or an opportunity to get a good deal on some frags?
    I do like the look of the zoas in question, btw.
    -Eric

13. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    That was not intended as a thret it was an invatation to come by and decide in person and yes you can still get a good deal on some frags.

-Bill

14. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Let's all keep this on a friendly positive note.
    This is a public thread forum and is getting terribly close to getting locked.

15. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    First and formost if you can't behave I will put you in time out. Second Armor of Gods are far to over rated and if you pay more than 5 or 10 bucks a frag (more than 5 polyps) you got hosed, they aren't rare and havent been in more than 2 years. What a person buys is there choice, no I don't think Bills palys are AOG's but I havent seen them in person nor do I honestly care and neither should anyone else unless there buying them. If someone is buying something they should have done enough research to know what they are buying before the purchase. Behave or I'll get the naughty stick.....the end. Thanks Jason

16. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    This thread sucks and I am starting to regret joining this club!!

17. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Bill on 03/05/2009 03:39 PM
    Really?  It only takes that little bit to get you to regret joining?
    I hope you are just blowing off a little steam and that isn't the case.
    Because this really is a fun club and a great bunch of people.
    However, most forums I belong too, this kind of thing gets stirred up from time to time.
    Not anyones fault, just differing opinions, as well as it is hard to judge a persons emotion behind the thread.
    As well as you tend to forget what was said a while back in the thread because it is not a fluid conversation.
    So, let's all just chill and speak pleasantries for a while.
    Jason, oh please take the naughty stick to me, please I beg of you! [​IMG]

18. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Bill on 03/05/2009 03:39 PM
    Why?   Just in case it's not obvious, you are arguing with someone who isn't a club member.
    All of us officers want to see the arguing stopped so we can continue our normally friendly discussions.   There's no reason for this stuff, if you guys want o argue, feel free, but take it to PM's.
    And for the record, I agree with what Jason said.   Corals have different values to different people.   If you want to spend $x for something you want or charge $x for something you have there is nothing wrong with that.   It's your choice.
    I know I've paid way more than "market price" for a few pieces, but so what?   I wanted them and was happy with the purchase.
    Let's move on.
    -JB

19. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By CyberJester on 03/05/2009 03:48 PM
    Jason, oh please take the naughty stick to me, please I beg of you! [​IMG]
    I thought Billy already took his bamboo naughty stick away???

20. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

man, I was just trying to show some pics of some sweet frags. Didnt think it would become a debate :)