1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New Girly :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Whitney, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Hi, I'm new! I'm Whitney from CR, IA. We have a 65g reef tank and just bought a 90g to set up FOWLR. Can't wait to learn some new stuff! I also have a 55 freshwater if anybody cares, haha.

2. MXC207 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! You joined the right place and theres quite a few of us me included that live in cr. Tell us more about your tank! Not the freshwater the other two lol.

3. Good! Love local stuff, lol. Yeah figured nobody cares about the freshwater, LoL.

Um let's see... well the 90g we literally just bought tonight, so there's nothing to it. We need to clean everything and get it set up, etc. It came with a lot of stuff, so that was nice. I know I just posted in the CR/IC part that I'm looking for sand and live rock if anybody has any for sale or to give (hehe). I'm thinking this tank will be the FOWLR because it has more room... it'd be prettier to make reef, but it seems most non-reef fish get bigger, so it only makes sense to make the bigger tank for them. Have a couple fish in mind I'd like to get - I want a huma huma trigger, a flame angelfish, four eyed butterfly... just to name a few. When it comes closer I'll figure out of I can have them all at the same time, lol.

In the 65g we have a bunch of different corals - pulsating zenias, green star polyps, bunch of different zoes, some mushrooms, a duncan, kenya trees. Then peppermint and cleaner shrimp, clowns, a brown tang, chromis, a dottyback, and scooter blennys.

4. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Whitney!

5. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Welcome Whitney! Sounds like you have an addiction....... LOL :0)

6. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Welcome...you've come to the right place to share your addiction

7. Haha thanks guys /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

8. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I've got some live rock I just pulled out of my sump. PM me if you want to check it out. I'm in CR

9. Pm sent!

10. Railcar79

Railcar79 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From ice on the road to the food on the table, everything is better with salt.
    Sent from my phone

11. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello from CR. Hope you can make the next meeting. Dave - Did we decide on the date yet?

12. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0

Waiting on a relpy from Jason. I left it in his hands since it is at his place.

13. D007 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +66 / 1 / -0
    Welcome Whitney! Guess I'll be the only one to say it....Freshwater tanks r cool too!! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

14. Lol woo! I do have to say I have a really cool bamboo shrimp in it. He's quite entertaining!

15. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You're not the only one out there who hangs on to a freshwater tank. I still have a 55 gallon with Blue Platinum Angels and Cardinals.

...however, I recently took down a 55 African tank to put up a 90gal saltwater ...so, maybe I will completely convert someday /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

16. Nice!