1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New GIRS Member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by etmeyer4327, Oct 25, 2013.

1. etmeyer4327

etmeyer4327

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello, my name is Eric and I live in Cedar Rapids. I have been wanting to join GIRS for a while and finally made it happen. I currently have a 10 month old, 125g reef set up (first reef tank) but have had several FOWLR tanks in the past. I look forward to attending Fall Fest and meeting some other members!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2018
  2. Big John

Big John Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the community!

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Welcome!!

4. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Welcome. Glad you decided to join the club. We have a great group around the Cedar Rapids area. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet sometime.

5. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Make sure you join the CR group.

6. HarleyHawk

HarleyHawk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Welcome If you have any questions or need any advice this is the place to come

7. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Eric! We are a great group of guys and gals here in the area. Keep an ear open for club meetings then are a great time to talk and have fun.

KP

8. etmeyer4327

etmeyer4327

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, everyone. It's going to be nice to talk to people with the same love and interest in sea life. I think my wife sometimes just pretends to listen to my reefing stories!

9. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

We have all been there /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

10. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    HaHa most of us are still there...

11. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    After Fall fest the next big thing in the area will probably be the Christmas party. This is a great event to come hang out, talk tanks, and meet the locals. Hopefully you'll be able to make it. Kyle and myself need to get together soon and figure out what to do the rest of the year.

12. etmeyer4327

etmeyer4327

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a good time. I plan to make about everything I can, especially events in our area.

13. mikesams05p71

mikesams05p71 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome. Good lookin tank and some of the nicest people youll ever meet will be on here. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif see ya at fall fest. Just dont buy whatever I wanted lol. Jk. Need anything just ask.

14. etmeyer4327

etmeyer4327

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, sir. I assume I will be like a kid in a candy shop at fall fest as this is my first time going to something like this.