1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New here

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Kungpaoshizi, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Kungpaoshizi Well-Known ReefKeeper

davenport
    Ratings:
    +39 / 1 / -0
    Howdy!
    New to this place, figured I would join a group around home here, perhaps I can learn a few things [​IMG]
    Pretty new to the aquarium hobby, as of right now I just have 3 Green Spotted Puffers and a feeder tank of snails/ghost shrimp..
    Still pretty far off, but I hope to one day perhaps add more once I get to the elevated skill level that entails this truly epic hobby [​IMG]

2. Strong

Strong

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    welcome, I am sure you will find that there are about a dozen people in town with more information and free stuff that you will know what to do with it.

I just started a few months ago and have a populated tank without having to spend much (most of it is the "newbie" stuff people give away, but I am happy not to be killing anything yet!)

-Justin

3. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club. Always great to have new people. You might want to post in the new member forum giving us all a overview of your system. Not all our club members check the regional forums, and you will pry get even more info on your fish or ideas for your system.

4. Kungpaoshizi Well-Known ReefKeeper

davenport
    Ratings:
    +39 / 1 / -0
    Excellent, I'll post there as well /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

I feel embarrased for asking since I work on pc's for a living lol but~
    How do I "join the regional group of CR/IC"?

It says "click above and click join group"
    Well I click the CR/IC button, but there's nothing but Join GIRS at the top section... Or must I join GIRS first? (probably will since this seems to be the only group around here /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif )

5. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I would think you have to join first. It is only $20 to join and you will get that back and 100 times that in info and sweet trades over the corse of the year that $20 pays for.
    -Bill

6. Kungpaoshizi Well-Known ReefKeeper

davenport
    Ratings:
    +39 / 1 / -0
    Ya I'm not too worried about the 20$, I'm just happy to find a group around the CR/Iowa area /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif