1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New member introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Blake, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Blake

Blake Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

New to the site and the whole forum deal but thought i would give it a shot. Looking to meet more people interested in the saltwater hobby. I started my 90 gallon mixed tank with a 30 gallon sump the first week of December 2011. Now 10 months later its not looking too bad for my first time at this hobby it has been a learning process to say the least but my wife and I love the results. As far as corals go i would like to collect as many different types of Zoa's as possible and am looking forward to gettting to a point where i can frag out some of mine for trade. I'm glad to try and help answer any questions about me or my setup. I've put together a list of tmy current setup.

Tank hardware

[list type=decimal]
    [*]2 Hydor Koralia Evo 750's
    [*]1 Hydor Koralia Evo 1050
    [*]4 Ft Tek Light T5 Fixture
    [*]ReefKeeper Lite Basic
    [*]Reef Octopus NWB110
    [*]Mag Drive 7 return Pump

Fish

[list type=decimal]
    [*]2 Percula Clownfish
    [*]3 Blue Green Chromis
    [*]Lawnmower Blenny
    [*]Gold Head Sleeper Goby

Corals

[*]Frogspawn ( 12 Head&#160/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif
    [*]Hammer coral ( 2 Head )
    [*]Duncan or Whisker Coral ( 1 Head )
    [*]Australian Dendrophyllia ( 1 Main Head and 5 new buds&#160/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif
    [*]Purple Xenia
    [*]Toadstool Leather
    [*]Cabbage Leather
    [*]Eagle Eye Zoa's
    [*]Radio Active Zoa's
    [*]Blue Tub Zoa's
    [*]Lord Of the Ring Zoa's
    [*]Mellon Ball Zoa's
    [*]Watermellon Zoa's
    [*]Radioactive Dragon Eye Zoa's
    [*]AOI Zoa's
    [*]Green Bay Packer Zoa's
    [*]Cammiethoa
    [*]Orange Delight Zoa's
    [*]Purple Nurple Zoa's
    [/list type=decimal]
    Inverts

[*]2 Dozen Astrea snails
    [*]1 Dozen Nassarius Snails
    [*]1 Emerald Crab
    [*]4 Peppermint Shrimp
    [*]1 Fire Shrimp
    [*]1 Banded Serpent Star
    [*]1 Fighting Conch
    [*] Condylactus Anemone
    [*]Spotted Lettuce Nudibranch
    [/list type=decimal]

2. MXC207 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Sounds like youve done your homework and got alot of good equipment. Post some pics!

3. Pete H.

Pete H. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks excellent. I second seeing some photos. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/wink.gif

4. Alex McG

Altoona, IA
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Nice can't wait to see the photos of your setup.

5. Tickyty

Tickyty Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the site and sounds like you have a nice set up over there.

6. Big John

Big John Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the site! Ever thoght about joining the club? $20 well spent!

7. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a great looking setup. Our local Cedar Rapids/Iowa city Region is having a tank tour this weekend and it would be a great time to meet everyone in your area. Our stops are full, but people coming to them the more the better. We will be ending at my house to finish watching the Hawkeye game in my Theater room. Pot luck and drinks should be a great time, so come join in if you can. Go here to check it out http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/Community/InterestGroups/GroupDetails/tabid/160/asg/4/aft/28169/showtab/groupforums/Default.aspx

8. Blake

Blake Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the invite I am interested in attending a tank tour sometime would like to see what others have around here but i will be on my way to Tinely Park a suburb of Chicago that morning for the North American Reptile Breeders Conference. This will be the third year my wife and I go since she is a ball python breeder and i invest in her company lol but on the plus side i will be picking up some new zoa's which i'm more excited about from Aquatica Tinely Park a great all around salt and fresh water fish store as well as corals that we found by accident last october looking for a bakery. Sucks i have to miss the Hawkeye game as well but i'm sure listening to it on the radio will be just as much fun.............