1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by knowarms, Dec 12, 2013.

1. knowarms

knowarms

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hello all I found this GIRS when doing some looking on the net.

I have a 50g tank set up with a chip star,yellow tang.

Figured I would stop in here and say HI

2. Travis G

Travis G Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Post some pics of the tank! What lights do you have? Sump? More info! Haha any questions just ask! Plenty of people here to help you along!

3. knowarms

knowarms

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have no sump.Lights are just t5's.

But just got a 125g tank and will be building slowly.So will be posting that build here when I get started on it.And taking any tips on that build as I go.

4. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Welcome! Congrats on the 125! Slow builds turn out wonderful! No sense in hurrying :0) What are your plans for the tank? We're here to help when needed. Bouncing ideas off others can be very helpful and prevent unnecessary purchases, nutrient issues and all kinds of stuff ;0)

5. knowarms

knowarms

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm cleaning some of the stuff right now.I will be building a stand for it.So that will take some time to do.Then figure out if I have room in the house and a floor that I can hold it.Or if I will be putting it in the shop.

It will be set up as a reef tank with fish. I got the tank off a guy here on GIRS and he was a great person to talk to.I plan on posting the build on here as I go.

Where would be the best place to post the build.

I will post pics of the stuff I have for it when I start the build.So every one can see what I have and if the stuff I have will work or not.I'm not a pro at all at this so will take any help I can.And will take some time to set up.I know its not going to be cheap to do because the sand and rock cost some just for the 50 I now.

And I have this black thing growing on one of my live rocks in my 50g.Were would I post a ? on trying to find out what it is and pics of it.

6. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    Hi! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

If the black thing is somewhat encrusting and slightly mounded, it's likely a sponge. Pics would clarify that though. General discussion or the photos subforums would work for IDs.

7. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Question can be placed in General forum and build can be there or the pictures forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015