1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JDCpuWiz, Jan 24, 2014.

1. JDCpuWiz

Jesup, Ia
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

I am a new GIRS member, thought I would do the official introduction.

My name is Shad and I live in Jesup, Iowa.

I had been out of the fish keeping hobby for over 10 years but recently took the plunge and got back into it. I love the hobby and now I have the time and means to get back into it. I am local to ACC in Washburn, Iowa so they have been my go to source, besides the countless hours on other forums and YouTube, haha. John @ ACC told me about GIRS and encouraged me to check it out and even become a member, so hear I am.

A brief overview of my current set up: starting last September I decided that a 120 gal in wall build was in order. I had a room behind my living room that was empty which would become my fish room. Currently the tank is up and running and I have started adding livestock. I think I have a few build pics although not too many. I would be willing to share pics of my equipment and share any knowledge I have gained over the past few months in setting things up but I am by know means an expert. In fact, the reason for joining GIRS is to soak up as much knowledge from you guys as I can. I have a lot to learn! Here is what I have for equipment:

120g Aqeuon Reef Ready

60"x16"x16" custom sump built by Synergy Reef Systems

Reef Octopus SRO 2000 Internal

Neptune Apex (with all the bells and whistles)

2 Kessil A360W LEDs

2 Vortech MP40 ES

Iwaki MD-40RT return pump

2. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Welcome to the club, I look forward to meeting you at our regional meetings. Please join the Waterloo Cedar Falls region to keep up with our monthly meetings.

I look forward to some pics sounds like a great set up.

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Welcome to the club, we've got some great events coming up for the CR area as well. You're not too far away if you want to come down and join us for our events.

4. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Welcome aboard Mate! Sounds like you're off to a GREAT start :0) Everyday we can learn at least one thing new about this wonderful hobby as it changes constantly ;0) Looking forward to meeting you oneday Shad!

5. Reefman

Reefman Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome aboard Shad! Good to have ya...

6. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club. [​IMG] pictures please.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015