1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New Member! :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by akaTril, Feb 25, 2014.

1. akaTril

akaTril Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm brand new to the hobby (only a few months), and have been trying to branch out and find some other budding/established reefers! I have a 20 gallon with some soft corals, and a 55 that I just set up that only has rock so far. I'd love to make local friends who have a passion as big as mine! I'm a stay at home mom, so I have a lot of time to stare at my tanks lol. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

2. tbraz

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    welcome to the site, its hard to find a better group of reefers than you have here

3. welcome!

GIRS is the place to be to meet LOTS of saltwater/reefing hobbyists. Also Des Moines has a large amount nice tanks and people to meet. check out whats going on in your local area reigon's section on the site also for info. springfest is also comming up in your area soon and is a fun expirence.

and again welcome and enjoy the forum

joshua jebe

4. akaTril

akaTril Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, guys. I really look forward to getting to know everyone! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

5. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    Welcome,
    Spring Fest is coming up on April 5th. If you like to volunteer there will be opportunities and it is a great way to get to know people. I really look forward to attending it and I am going to help out this year. Hope to see you there.

6. akaTril

akaTril Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I most definitely plan on going to Spring Fest. My boyfriend is active in the community, so he is pretty adamant that I go lol. I can't wait!