1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New setup is almost done

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Troy, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    holy cow!!!

2. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have a few more pics I want to throw up here.   The pics aren't the greatest. So Here goes.

A few acon for the collection

[​IMG]  
    [​IMG]             
    The SPS, they seem to have good color, but not alot of growth
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now the Zoas, my personal fav
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice tank and livestock! You should be very proud of what you have put together!

4. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well my clownfish are now laying eggs on a regular bases.  I thought I would share.  Kinda cool.
    [​IMG]

5. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I been doing some more work on the filter room.  The one thing I was missing was the RO unit and a ATO system.   I was tired of topping off the tank daily.   Let me tell you now that this is done.   I wish I would of done this a long time ago.    
    Sorry, it is kinda messy, need to straiten up in there.
    [​IMG]
    I didn't have a water sorce, so I got about 25 feet of tubing and ran it from a bathroom, throw the wall to the RO, Then the waist line runs the same way back to the sink drain.
    [​IMG]
    Put then from the RO unit it goes to the Kalk Bucket w/ float valve.   I do want to change the bucket to something a little nicer looking.   Maybe B-Rad can make me something.    
    [​IMG]
    Then last to the sump. 
    [​IMG]
    I just want to say agian, for those that don't have some kind of ATO.  It is work the investment.    

6. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I had nearly the exact same set up in 2007:
    RO/DI -> Reef Crystals bucket with float valve -> sump with another float valve. 
    Worked great, relied on gravity and was cheap...also gave me a place to add kalk weekly for the top off.
    Nice job!

7. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Is the Cube replacing the bucket Troy? What are you using to mix saltwater in now?

Oh and get all those RO lines organized. Looks like a puzzle!

8. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    them other lines for the water change tank that is coming soon. I plan to have a rubbermaid container that holds about 30g on the far left on a stand, then I can put a bulkhead in the bottom and PVC it to drain in the sump bi-weekly. I am getting lazy and want to make this stuff as easy as possible. should have pic of what I am talking tomorrow.

9. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gered, this is what I did with that cube.    It is drilled in the bottom and PVC plummed to the sump. It has a ball valve next to the bulkhead so I can
    close it to make the water.   Still need a float valve, cause I am not good at watching it fill up, tend to forget about it. It holds about 17g of water
    and do water changes weekly.   I even pre measured the salt out so that I can just dump in a bag when its filling.  I also use a rio 2500 for a mixing
    pump zip tied to the lid, so it blows all corners so salt don't settle to the bottom.
    [​IMG]
    Also I have been working on making a DIY filter sock and holder.   With the way my sump was drilled a retail sock and holder wouldn't work.   So I
    came up with this.   Its not the best looking thing in the word, but will see how it does,   just installed it today. 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks like its working for you Troy, you should see a diff in your water quality.

11. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Looks good Troy, I'm surprised your "mobile home" isn't doin' wheelies....

12. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ha ha