1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New to girs

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by irReefer, Feb 11, 2014.

1. irReefer

North Liberty
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Recently joined GIRS although I have been lurking for close to a year.

Just getting a 75 gallon tank and 40 gal sump going. Should have water in this weekend or sooner. I will work on getting a photo or two.

Live in North Liberty work in Cedar Rapids. Wife and three sons; I'm a lucky man!

Look forward to meeting members at some point and learning as much as I can.

Tad

2. Zoobie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

3. ScubaMan

ScubaMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, if you have been lurking, you will see this is a great place to be!!

4. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yes welcome Tad. I am in NL also as are many members. Our next get together is Feb 15 in CR for a social gathering. Pizza and bowling party. You must be paid member to normally come but we always extend a welcome mat for a new site member to come join and try it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  5. glad you made it aboard tad and welcome to the fun!

6. Bigkel

Bigkel Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, and so your addiction...um...I mean journey begins! Lol

7. tharnisch

tharnisch Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Tad! Great group of people here to use and abuse as resources as you get going!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  8. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Welcome to the club. Glad you decided to get out of the shadows and make a post. We've got some great activities lined up for the CR/IC area this year. Pizza and bowling this weekend. Come on out and meet some of the locals. First of March we are making some DIY food. That would be another fun one to attend.
    Also there are plenty of people in your area that would be more than happy to stop over and give you a hand with that new tank. Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have.

9. gburkart

gburkart Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    well.....i'd say welcome but i'm new to this as well.I also am in North Liberty and would be happy to lend a hand wherever i could,so.......welcome !

10. tbraz

Marion, IA
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    welcome to the club, I'm also a fairly new member and I already feel like a part of the family, so dobt hesitate to jump right in

11. irReefer

North Liberty
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to all! Looking forward to meeting the group. Won't be able to make it Saturday....if you cant tell by the weather outside....it's baseball season and there is baseball practice Saturday night.