1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New to GIRS!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Zach, May 1, 2014.

1. Zach Well-Known ReefKeeper

Coralville, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

Hey all,

Names Zach, Iv'e been keeping FW firsh for about 20 years now, and Salties for 16. Moved to Iowa 08 and starting to get things moving again as far as tanks go! It's hard to move 300 gallon tanks across country with a four door car so I had to start from scratch...

Currently have a 40 and 75 gallon reef tanks. both a few years old with all kinds of fun corals and fish. And a 20 gallon long freshie in the study (you know, to relax and not have to worry about!)

Beside fish I am a network engineer for a local IT company in Iowa City, and live in Coralville. Looking forward to getting to know, and most importantly getting to help other GIRS members, and maybe meet some of you at some of the events around here! Very eager to get into the community locally!

I can often be found stalking around Coralville bay in CV chatting with the staff and picking minds or trading ideas! I am very big on the self engineering department (DIY) and do almost all of my own construction mods, helps to keep costs down a bit, and to really learn about what is going on.

Anyway look forward to hearing from you all

2. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You're in good company. Lots of fanatics here ! Look forward to meeting you.

3. wouldtick Well-Known ReefKeeper

waukee
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    Welcome man. I am a new member and new to the hobby. This forum has helped me tremendously. Lots of value here!

4. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome welcome .

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  5. Welcome zach! Your located in a great area of reefers with lots of nice tanks. We're glad to have you in iowa and look forward to some pics! Also check out the membership benefits when you have a free moment.

Joshua