1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

new to hobby

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by jsacora, Mar 8, 2010.

1. jsacora

jsacora Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi my name is jeff i live in Cr.  Im just starting a new 75g reef tank kinda taking it slow since im learning as i go any advice or help u guy have would b great!
    [URL=http://www.imagehousing.com/][​IMG][/URL] By [URL=http://www.imagehousing.com/]ImageHousing.com[/URL]

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Those clown fish look so tiny in that big tank /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif I would get a bit more rock for starters.......what types of coral were you interested in? What do you have for lights and filtration?

3. jsacora

jsacora Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have a 20 gallon sump with some live rock in it i have a total of 41 pounds of live rock and this weekend plan on picking up 40 more lbs and im about to find a new compact light system with moon lights

4. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the boards. Looks like your off to a pretty good start. Since your going with the compacts I take it your planning on doing softies and lps? You might want to get that bak pak on the sump cause you might run into micro bubble issues with it hanging on the tank.

5. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club....yes, "taking it slow" is the best way to go...can help prevent a lot of issues....although I admit that I haven't always followed that advice !!

6. Strong

Strong

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i wanted to keep it slow...then I got excited and now my BioCube29 is pretty well full...it is a ton of fun and am already jealous of people with larger tanks...

Welcome to the site...like your tank so far and it will be cool to see what happens in the future with it!

-Justin