1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

New To Site and New to Iowa

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by derekjmd, Jan 31, 2014.

1. derekjmd

derekjmd

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hello,

I am Derek and I just moved to Ankeny from Western Maryland. During my move I had the lovely job of moving both my Biocube from my office and my 75 Gallon tank during the lovely 16 hour drive in the snow. Anywho the tank is up and running however sadly I did lose some corals, shrimp, and worst of all my Blue Hippo. She had a great personality and will be greatly missed in the tank. Its great to see such a great group of people just as enthusiastic as I am about reef keeping. I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you (maybe making some deals to replace lost stock ;-) ) and most of all i look forward to the Fall Fest!

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks,

Derek

2. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Derek! Spring fest is just around the corner.

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Woot! Welcome aboard Derek!! So happy you found us and yes, we're reefkeeping fanatics here.....well at least I am ;0) lol I'm sure your trip from Maryland was tedious to say the least! I've done that drive a few times and during winter, didn't want anything to do with that! I'm glad you and all other things made it safely :0) So sorry to hear about your sweet hippo :9( Browse this site as there are alot of things here, show off your tanks, ask any questions, and yes, we have a buy and sale forum as well as, commercial/sponsors' forum, and each region of the state has a regional group :0) Yours would be Des Moines should you choose to join. Zoobie (Zach) and dallbers(Dan) are this regions trustees. They help with arranging our monthly meetings! Again, welcome Derek!!

4. HarleyHawk

HarleyHawk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Welcome Derek you will not have to look far if you are wanting any corals of any type in that location

5. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Make sure you join the Des Moines group. We have a few meetings coming up including, DIY food and a fragging demo.

6. derekjmd

derekjmd

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great! I will check out the regional forum.. Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  7. derekjmd

derekjmd

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know why when i go to Regions and click on the Des Moines group and hit "Join" it gives me an error pop up?

8. derek did you get everything figured out?

9. derekjmd

derekjmd

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes Josh.. Thanks for checking

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  10. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Derek! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif