1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

new to the site and salt

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by joshua.jebe, Oct 12, 2012.

1. just wanted to stop and say hello to everyone here, we will be getting our first salt water 75 tomorrow , so i look forward to asking lots of dumb questions on accrinims and so forth and seeing the people from fresh water that are into salt water now.

it was awesome to finally find something in the fish hobby that my wife actually wants to help with and learn about/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

joshua

waterloo

thanks andrew from AC&C for helping with my decision./DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/whistling.gif

2. Tickyty

Tickyty Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the never ending journey to the perfect tank.

3. thanks,heading all the way to minneapolis tomorrow to pick up a full setup

4. Alex McG

Altoona, IA
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

Never ending... so true!

5. Alex McG

Altoona, IA
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Agree I wouldn't be in this hobby if my wife didn't like it as well.

6. Welcome to the site and the hobby, ask as many questions as you need to. There is so many helpful people here that love answering questions. Oh and BTW when you are up in Minneapolis if you have time I would deff. make a stop into Saltwater Empire, good quality fish... Just to start browsing of course, and maybe pick some fish you would like to have in the future.

7. Deleted member 1172

Deleted member 1172 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! This is an awesome place to learn quite a few things. Also, congrats on the conversion to salt, you won't regret it! You have a good wife there! My girlfriend wants nothing to do with my tank other than to feed the fish! lol She'd rather gripe about how expensive it is and how she can't cuddle with the fish... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/tongue.gif she's definitely a mammal lover! E

8. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Josh long time now see...

9. dead fish Dead Fish

Iowa City
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome. See you around the fishing hole!

10. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome Joshua, The 75g is a perfect size tank for starting out. Do you plan on Fish Only, Fish Only with Live Rock, or a Reef?

11. Big John

Big John Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Be patient! And don't go cheap! It will cost of cheap equipment will catch up with you.
    Please consider joining the club, the $20 will be well spent.
    Have fun and good luck! John

12. already joined big john just had to find the paypal link, lee we are going with fish and live rock and some corals, and things are going super well,
    only issues e have are one of the MH lights has a faulty plug that i need to replace the pins inside as 2 are broke ( this is the white plug that plugs into the ballast)
    and i replaced the fan in the canopy with a larger fan to help regulte the temp spike i have been seeing in the daytime in the tank, and after talking with andrew at AC&C i will be doing somel vents in the top or sides of the canopy

the wife is dead set shes getting a royal garamma