1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

NW Iowa new member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by david d, Dec 3, 2013.

1. david d

david d New User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I live in NW Iowa. I am about 90 miles from the closest store with salt water products or livestock. I have had aquariums for 40 yrs but have only had saltwater for 1 year. I am happy to find a group to exchange information with that are relatively close,

2. Travis G

Travis G Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Where do you live? You may be lucky and have someone close to ya! What size tank ya got? Have pics? More info! Lol

3. david d

david d New User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have a 65 gal reef and an aquapod 24 that I got cheap from a newpaper ad. The aquapod I am still trying to figure out. Would like to make it a coral only tank. No pics as of yet but may be able to have my wife figure out how to download from the camera. I live in Estherville and have only found 2 in the area who have SW.

4. Travis G

Travis G Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Gotcha. If you have a smartphone download tapatalk. Its the easiest for me to add pics. Straight from the phone

5. psulion

psulion

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I used to live in Estherville and the pickings are slim for saltwater. I'll be there for a Christmas gathering this month if you need any help .

6. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Glad you found the site. Members are pretty sparse around that area, but there might be a couple. Anything you need help with don't be afraid to ask. We are a friendly group around here.

7. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    fdreefer is a good guy upyour way.

8. F.D. Reefer Well-Known ReefKeeper

Fort dodge
    Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -0
    Thanx for the props nik:) If u ever make it down to fort dodge look me up.
    I'm always up for showin off my tank.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk