1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Par Meter???

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Kpotter2, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So did the area club get one at spring fest? I could really use one right now. I want to know what my par is../DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif
    Let me know

2. gravattj

gravattj Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would like to as well...

3. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Andy has your region's meter so contact him about it.

Thanks,
    Joe

4. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks joe..

5. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am dying to know what sort of light I'm getting in my 24g tank with my new LED, I'd like to borrow after you guys are through with it /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

6. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We need to plan a par meter tour or something. I am sure alot of people will like to using it now that we have one to use. I know I would.

7. Reeferforlyfe

Reeferforlyfe Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have read up that a par meter for LEDs is worthless, as a luminous flux meter is made for checking intensity for LEDs. Someone clarify this please? A good luminous flux meter is like 500$

8. Craig

Craig Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need on this list as well, just curious as to what is going on over my tank.

Craig

9. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I just did a quick search online and found that a few places say that our meter we got is not accurate at working with LEDs.  It does not say what to use.

10. Craig

Craig Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Kyle bring the par meter up and hit my tank will ya. LOL I'm only trying to find my sweet spot of around 40 par at the substrate. lol

11. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Craig I will hurry as fast as I can. I only got it Thursday and have work OT everday but yesterday. Then my wife had the day all planed out for me. lol  Also Craig your looking for only 40 par how deep is your tank? My 75gl is getting 50 to 60 Par at bottom. I am thinking my bulbs are getting bad. They are heading on 12 months old so I ordered new and should get them next week. I am thinking it will be better with 14K instead of 20k. I have not been able to look at my LED light yet. I can't wait to do so. Had to work today and then work on my car so was not a good time to have my hands in tank. I still don't have my 75 gal all mapped out yet.lol.

12. Craig

Craig Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yep us planted folks don't need as much par. 40-50 par and I can grow pretty much every plant in the books. Light is about 30-36" off the scape with 12- T5HO over it, 6 bulbs over each half of my tank.
    Always great how things work out with free time, I know once I finish up the 220 over the next week or 2 the wife has plans for me...
    Take your time I'm in no rush as my sump is coming on Tuesday so that is my project for my day off to get it up and running.

Craig

13. Reeferforlyfe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yawn... Pass the par meter on please. Some of us would like to use it as well

14. gravattj

gravattj Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    who is next in line? should we try to coordinate based on location?

15. Reeferforlyfe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure, but from the posts I'm assuming kpotter has had it for a week tomorrow. I understand he's busy, but if your busy, pass it on to someone else lol.

16. Reeferforlyfe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm just gonna get a luminous flux meter  As well as a par meter. I'm sure it will arrive and have my readings before this thing gets passed around! Toodles

17. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ok Money! Starting trouble again I see. lol
    Ok so I feel the need to explain again now..I didn't get it tell March 30th because Andy forgot on the 29th./DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif I then worked 5 out of the last 6 days and spent time with my children instead of the Fish tank and I didn't know there was a time limit, but maybe there should be I guess. I was hoping to get it last Thursday when I had the night free, but didn't. No big deal. I should have time tomorrow after I coach my Son's Baseball team on my only night off. I have it and when I am done I will pass it on hope that is ok with everyone? sorry everyone.
    I understand you Mike and will pass it back to Andy Friday! and Mike I mean absolutely no disrespect by this post just stating the facts. 
    By the posts after mine the people requesting it is as follows
    Gravattj
    Phisherazee
    troy
    Craig
    No one else has posted about it other then you and you never asked for it and just commented about weather it even works for LEDs
    Thanks all for your Patients

18. gravattj

gravattj Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hmm kpotter - i see you are in NL. I could swing by and pick it up when you are done. I am not in a hurry by any means...

19. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its no problem for me to go to Coralville, Iowa City or North Liberty to pick it up, not sure where you live gravattj....

20. Craig

Craig Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm in the CR area so when it gets up this way let me know probably only need it for a few hours to run a couple of tests.