1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Selling question.

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Guest, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know on some forums you must achieve certain milestones prior to being able to posting items for sale/trade. Is this the case on this forum? Also I have seen some people post their frags for sale in the regional forums vs in the buy/sell forum, would i get in trouble for posting my frags in just this forum to hit a more local market? If this post is in any sort of violation I apologize in advance. Thanks.

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Nope, you're free to post for sale. Being a smaller site, those type of restrictions don't make that much sense here.

I would also suggest posting in both the B/S/T and posting a link to that thread in your regional forum. That tends to work the best.

-JB

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    If you dont want to mess with shipping, meeting people, then go for it in your local forum. You would be surprised how far people will drive though so you might want to put your stuff in the main buy sell forum. Just make sure you list your location, that is the first thing they will ask.

There is also a members only buy/sell forum. Members will list stuff there first to give other members first shot at nice items or good prices. One of the many advantages of being a member.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you much guys!

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would also recommend joining and becoming a member of GIRS. Then people know your stuff is great! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 06/10/2009 04:10 PM
    I would also recommend joining and becoming a member of GIRS. Then people know your stuff is great! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif
    Definitly plan on doing that, maybe I'll trade some one a frag for them paypaling my membership! HAHAHA, no but after I pay rent this weekend, it's near the top of the list.  

7. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Man do you have your priorities messed up! Reef tank always comes first.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 06/10/2009 08:33 PM

Posted By Jmadison on 06/10/2009 08:28 PM

Posted By jtesdall on 06/10/2009 04:10 PM
    Definitly plan on doing that, maybe I'll trade some one a frag for them paypaling my membership! HAHAHA, no but after I pay rent this weekend, it's near the top of the list.  
    Man do you have your priorities messed up! Reef tank always comes first.
    I am moving this weekend(well starting this weekend) and I have double rent to pay /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif. As far as priorities go I make sure to have a place to put my tank, electricity to run it, internet to research it(if push comes to shove it can go, b/c the neighbor didnt lock their router, then everything else is all tank! LOL you should see my beaut of a car, she'll turn 20 on Nov. 11th of this year according to the sticker in the door jam. 215k miles and all it needs is gas and plenty of oil weekly LOL. Too bad more businesses don't accept me bartering with frags and snail shells...