1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

[Sep 16, 2017] DIY Food Meeting (Bondurant, IA)

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by beckerj3, Jul 27, 2017.

Best date for a DIY Food meeting? Time of day = morning

Poll closed Aug 13, 2017.
  1. Saturday September 9th

58.3%
  2. Saturday September 16th

66.7%
  3. Saturday September 23rd

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
DIY Food Meeting
Posted By Bud

Zoobie's House
501 4th St SE, Bondurant, IA 50035, USA
Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 09:00 AM
(ends Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 01:00 PM)
Timezone: America/Chicago

Upcoming Occurrences

All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event does not have any/other upcoming occurrences...
  1. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    I can host in our garage if you still need a site.

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    @beckerj3@beckerj3 I figured it out...you can add the poll as long as you can edit your own posts, but that is a time-limited permission. Also it's slightly different (but overlapping) from the special permission set that Members get that allow you to edit your own posts in topics that you start.

Basically you have 60 minutes to add a poll to an existing thread. But I can add it for you

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I just added the poll, so now that it is added, you should be able to edit the options / description

4. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +615 / 2 / -0
    @Bud@Bud - thanks for adding the poll. I needed to change it slightly as my msg wasn't exact. I"m unavailable on Sept 2nd.

@Dave@Dave - thanks for the offer. If it doesn't work with @Zoobie@Zoobie I'll let you know and we will take you up on your offer.

@Region: Des Moines & Ames - time to vote on your pick of Saturdays in September (Labor day weekend - not included). And for you die hard Iowa fans, Zoobie will even show the Iowa game on his TV - if it conflicts with our date/time.

5. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I will pick up the food making tote when I am in CR Aug 19th and will contact @beckerj3@beckerj3 when I get back in town to drop it off.

6. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +615 / 2 / -0
  7. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +615 / 2 / -0
    Bump. Poll for selecting the date will close on Sunday night. Please select your preferred date(s) if you are interested in joining us.

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
  9. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    Voted

10. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +615 / 2 / -0
    Poll is closed. The DIY food meeting will be on Saturday, September 9th.

@Zoobie@Zoobie - please confirm that the date works for you and that we can hold the event at your house.

Price will be $10 - $11 per bag for those attending and $15 per bag for those not in attendance. I think we might also place a limit on the number of bags you can get if not attending.

Please post below if you are interested - # of bags and whether you will be attending.

Since the date selected is the Saturday after labor day, we will need to order the ingredients on Friday of the previous week. So, we will close the sign up for bags accordingly.

@Region: Des Moines & Ames

11. Barrett

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I will be attending and interested in 2 bags.

12. Zoobie Well-Known ReefKeeper

Bondurant
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Yes that date works for me.

13. Tim30 Tim30 - avid newbie

Altoona IA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Onnalisa and I will attend and would like 3 bags.

14. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    I will attend and and would like 6 bags.

15. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    I will be there ready to work and I would like 4 bags. Let me know if you need any extra help with any thing.

16. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +615 / 2 / -0
    Hey everyone. Last night after posting a decision on the date, there was a Facebook posting that Nebraska Aquatic Supply is having their annual bash on the same date that we selected. Grrrrrr. I believe that ownership changed hands a couple years ago, so I don't know how the new bash compares. But they have at least one speaker. I know that a number of GIRS members attended in the past.

I'm OK keeping the date we selected but I'm also open to shift g the date to the following week if folks want to attend. They use to have a number of good specials on fish, corals, a day dry goods.

What do you think???

17. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Good catch Jeanette!!

18. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +615 / 2 / -0
    I looked close and there are 4 speakers. For more details, go to their Facebook page - Nebraska Aquatic supply and click on 'events.

19. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    I think we should go to this and make food the following weekend.

The time is once again upon us, for the greatest day of the year at Nebraska Aquatic Supply...... the 6 year anniversary party!!!
    Our celebration extraordinaire will be on Saturday, September 9th, 2017!!!!!!
    If you are not familiar with our anniversary parties, you will want to pay diligent attention for the next 5 weeks to our page!!!!
    We will have star studded guest speakers, incredible deep discounts on livestock and dry goods throughout the store, food and drinks, clowns for the kids, raffles every thirty minutes, and the list goes on!!!!
    This is FAR above a Black Friday, or Christmas sale...... this is THE SALE, and THE CELEBRATION of the year!!!!!
    The tanks will be loaded with more fish, plants, and corals than you have ever seen, the shelves will be full beyond full, representatives from numerous top notch companies will be on hand to answer all of your detailed questions, and the frenzy will draw you in like a shark to chum in the water......!!!!
    A list of guest speakers/ workshops to soon follow.......... get ready Omaha, the fun is about to begin!!!! Speakers are Scott Fellman and Caitlin Lee, Mark Callahan and Luis Navarrow

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  20. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +615 / 2 / -0

***** We are changing the date for the DIY food event to Saturday, Sept 16th *****

This will allow those that want to attend the Nebraska Aquatic Supply anniversary party to go.

@Zoobie@Zoobie - does the 16th still work for you to hold the event at your house

@Barrett@Barrett @Tim30@Tim30 @Dave@Dave @Maureen@Maureen - You already signed up for Sept 9th. Please confirm your intentions for the new date!