1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

So far so good! Livin` Korea!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rockinsmall, Jul 16, 2012.

1. rockinsmall

rockinsmall Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Howdy friends! I hope this has been a wonderful year for GIRS!
    I have been away for 5 months now! I am 1/3 of the way done with my contract here in Korea. I know some folks thought I was crazy to leave my reef up and running whilst being gone for such a long time. Happily, things have been going very well and all looks well on the webcam. My maitinance guy checks up on it once a week and adds top off water. I simply could not break down something I loved so much when I wasn't sure what my future held. But now, I think I know. I wanna travel the world rather extensively for the next 3-5 years and I just don't see me keeping the aquarium going. After this contract I am having knee surgery and then will return to the US for no more than a month and a half, so I can avoid doing more paperwork to leave the country again. I will sell live stock, but not a single piece of equipment. I know better than to act like I am done for good..... nobody ever really quits =)
    Anyhow...    just wanted to say hi and let those who know me well, that things are AMAAAZING HERE! Went to the world famous MudFest last weekend and visited one of the biggest fish markets in the world, and even dug for clams for dinner.... which btw are utterly disgusting!  
    I miss my reefin buddies and fun times at swaps and fests. I hope to see you all in a few years when I settle down!
    if anybody is ever in the CB area and wants to stop in and check on my reef, just let me know.... It enjoys visitors.... !

2. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a great time! Keep us updated on how your reef is doing. Stay safe over there. :)