1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank Tour Roll Call

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by JB, Apr 7, 2010.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just to get an idea of how many to expect,  who all is planning on attending the CR tour?

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh and BTW, my frag tank is in pretty rough shape right now due to a red hair algae problem, but I will be more than happy to do fresh cut frags at the conclusion of the tour. I can provide them mounted or unmounted and they will be generously sized if possible.

3. PJtree23

PJtree23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I want to attend, but don't want to drive more than 10 min out of IC

4. Jay Well-Known ReefKeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I want to attend, but I'm still trying to round up a babysitter

5. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Im attending. Jay make danielle do it. she dont need sleep.

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Keep an eye on future tank tours and just visit the stops close to you.  Quite honestly, the tank tours are a very worthwhile use of time.  You can see how others have set things up, see corals that you will want to add to your tank, meet club members, and just have a good time.  It's a great event and I strongly encourage taking the time to attend all stops and enjoy the tour!
    --AJ

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm attending.

--AJ

8. smw0522

smw0522 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I plan on going:)

9. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will have baby duty this weekend, so I will probably be poping in and out throughout the day.  However, Bob (bobsfish) will be there throughout the entire event.

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Wow, over 100 views of this thread and other than officers and the people who have tanks on the tour only a few people have spoke up and said they are coming.

I know we have a ton of lurkers on who read this forum a lot but seldom ever post or attend club events. If you've never been to a GIRS event, attending a tank tour is a great way to get to know other people in the club. I would highly recommend that all of you lurkers (yes, you know who you are) come out of your shell and attend!

I know that the tour starts at 12:30pm, but for anyone who wants to meet up ahead of time, I plan to be hanging out in the saltwater section of Pet's Playhouse at about 12pm.

Hey Bob/Jeremy! One thing we should try and do at the beginning of the tour is some basic introductions, that way nobody spends the whole tour wondering who someone else is. I've been on a couple tours and we've never done that... I think it would be very helpful. Just my 2 cents...

-JB

11. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And...if you have a conflict, remember, you don't have to make all of the stops.

And I think name tags would be good too...especially for the new people. At least make them available for those that choose to wear them.

--AJ

12. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By JB on 04/07/2010 06:00 PM
    Hey Bob/Jeremy! One thing we should try and do at the beginning of the tour is some basic introductions, that way nobody spends the whole tour wondering who someone else is. I've been on a couple tours and we've never done that... I think it would be very helpful. Just my 2 cents...
    Yep ...totally agree !!! I'm bringing old-fashioned name tags...pretty old-school....and yes, we're doing introductions.

13. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I might be having a new guy to saltwater tag along on this. He was worried cause he has his son that day. I told him not to worry we all pretty much have kids and he is a very well behaved 3 year old.

14. Reef Geek

Reef Geek Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I plan on attending, but can't make it until the 1:15pm stop.

15. KirklinsClownfish Well-Known ReefKeeper

Robins Ia
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    See you all on Sat. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/hybrid//emoticons/smile.gif

16. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By bobsfish on 04/07/2010 08:30 PM

Posted By JB on 04/07/2010 06:00 PM
    Yep ...totally agree !!! I'm bringing old-fashioned name tags...pretty old-school....and yes, we're doing introductions.
    My name is Jeremy and I'm an alcholic! Whoops wrong forum. [​IMG]

17. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jeremy!

18. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jeremy!

19. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    haha!!!!  I would love to be there but have tickets to George Strait

20. Kungpaoshizi Well-Known ReefKeeper

davenport
    Ratings:
    +39 / 1 / -0
    I apologize, I've been swamped at work and have not had much time to read the forums~
    I know since I have yet to join, I was wondering if it was alright if I came along, I have a buddy who is interested in coming as well as he wants to get into SW..
    I've been waiting for my debit card to arrive, but otherwise I can pitch in for some gas money as well /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif
    Was it decided yet when and where everyone was going to meet?
    If I need to join before coming please just let me know, I can probably get my buddy to use his card online~
    Thanks very much! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif