1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? That moment when.......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MadManMadrid, Oct 6, 2015.

1. chromess 01

chromess 01

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My tank did this. Wife was out and I stopped at my parents house a few minutes away. Tank was fine when I left. Phone rings at my parents and it was my wife all I heard was "water on the floor, Ill tell him". I was already out the door. Walk in the door and tank is about 1/3 empty(around 20g on the floor). I had my skimmer drain going to 2 liter and it was just gushing like a fire hydrant. Pulled the plug and tried to figure out where to start. My dad had stopped over to see what the problem might have been and when I mentioned the skimmer he said it was still plugged in. I knew I unplugged it and when I did the water stopped. But never did find out what the problem was. Didnt lose anything in the process though.

2. Jen/Reefin Experienced Reef Keeper

Davenport, IA
    Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -0
    Besides our 125 gal back blowing out , we've haven't had any other issue ...knock on wood....
    It's easy to get discouraged when things like this happen . I'm glad that you kept with it .