1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Touching bases

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Zach, May 5, 2014.

1. Zach Well-Known ReefKeeper

Coralville, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

Hey All,

New to the area (since 08 so not that new) but new to GIRS, and glad to be here! I currently run a 75 and 40 reef tank along with a 20 gallon hospital (usually open if any one needs a crash tank. I run two fluval 306's on it so cycling about 1200 gallons an hour. along with a tiny skimmer and heater)

Outside of fish I am a network engineer for a local IT comapny, and a new father (9 months at this point)

Now with the boring stuff out of the way, Ithe 40 is about a year old, the 75 three now, they are both reef tanks, and I am more than happy to split off/frag various corals as needed, I typically charge $15 for a frag, this is mainly to cover the cost of equipment, and helps to keep costs low for beginners which I believe in fully but that all sounds a little sales man-ish

Ive been keeping fish for 20 years now, and saltwater stuff for 16, my previous tanks included a 300 gallon reef tank and a 125 along with some misc fresh tanks. All of which still live in California and are doing great according to my updates! Most of my original equipment was hand built and I have a couple fun tricks that I have been using for years now. So I look forward to meeting some of you guys and sharing both my knowledge and learning something new from all of you!

With Regards,

Zach

2. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Great to have you..sounds like you have a lot of good experience to assist other reefers. Hopefully you can make it to some of the club events so we can meet you in person.

3. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Zach nice to meet you! I am the Trustee for the IC/CR area and welcome you to the forum. Keep a look out for upcoming events ok! I know May is out at this pint, but I would like to do a BBQ in June I think. Keep an eye out for the info.

Thanks

Kyle

4. welcome Zach, were happy to have you on the forum. would love to see some pics of what you got going on, and look forward to seeing you around club functions.

joshua

5. Zach Well-Known ReefKeeper

Coralville, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Oh I forgot to mention I am a huge DIY er and constantly building things. Including tank stands and hoods/canopies sumps and such. And I also drill tanks. So if any one needs a hand with a project or needs some type of DIY equipment I probably have it!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015