1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking to Buy Wanting to Price a 150gal or larger

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Justin Bowman, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Justin Bowman Inactive User

Davenport
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So i have been looking for a while now and have see a ton of 75 gal and 90 gal tanks for sale. I and moving into a new house in the next 2 months and I want to create a show tank for the new house. I was looking to see what people paid for tanks up to 210-250 gal. This tank was be set up as a freshwater cichlid tank. So any help on what people would sell their tank for or what you bought it for would help a ton.

2. Drewster

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    I traded an old motorcycle for my 300g acrylic tank and some equipment :) If you're in eastern Iowa check Sea of Marvels, Hung usually comes up with big tanks. Or you might be able to buy one of his, all of his stuff is for sale for the right price lol I've also heard there's a shop in Manchester that has good prices on tanks.

3. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    Bill at the fish shack has the best prices on new and used tanks

4. Drewster

Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Yep I believe that's the name of the place I've heard about, The Fish Shack. That's in or around Manchester correct?

5. abower Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ryan, Ia
    Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    Yes, in Manchester across from the post office. Last I was in he had a used 125

6. klmule Well-Known ReefKeeper

Belle Plaine
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I have driven past it 100 times but never stopped. Do they have a lot of fish or mainly dry goods?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  7. Home Aquatic Supply

Home Aquatic Supply Inactive User

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I recently became a dealer for Acrylic & Glass Exhibits, if you are looking to get something custom made. Let me know and I can get you some pricing on it. I ordered a 120 gallon rimless recently and should have it next week!

8. abower Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ryan, Ia
    Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    Hit and miss. He gets in a rotation of stuff but is limited. Check on Wednesdays, Saturday is usually picked over. Love his prices, You can get a 4-5" powder blue for 55$.

9. Jaked

Jaked

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    +1 for the fish shack. Bill is great to deal with!

10. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    Just tell him what you need and he will get it for you.

11. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    There was a car dealership in Georgia like that to. You told them what car you wanted then they would get it in for you within a week. Come to find out they were stealing them from a different county and then reselling them
    --- Auto-Merged, Jun 26, 2015 ---
    Lol ;)

Have you talked to Joe at coral haven?