1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

What did Santa Bring?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JB, Dec 27, 2012.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

So what did everyone get for Christmas?

My big thing was a Nest thermostat for our house.

2. mikesams05p71

mikesams05p71 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Got a nice 2 room tent. A microwave and blender. Some saltwater books. Gift cards to hyvee, menards, burger king, and petco. $50 each. Now just gotta choose what can o get at petco for $50? Lol

3. Pete H.

Pete H. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got:

Hammerhead algae cleaner and blade attachment
    extra long tongs for the tank
    Underwater flashlight
    air compressor and finish nailer and narrow stapler

Wife got:

Tamron 90mm Macro for her Canon Camera (So, hope to have some sweet saltwater macro pics in the future!)

4. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw your FB post, very cool toy! I would love to have one but it won't integrate with the Nexia home intelligence system so it would be another stand alone app on my phone.

The only reef related item I got was a 2nd IP web cam for my sump area. When we go on vacations, I won't need anyone to watch the tank anymore because I'll be able to see the sump and display tank. Plus it's controlled by an Apex!

Non-reef related items include a French press coffee maker, ceramic grinder for coffee beans, a milk frother and a 20oz mug/thermos. Oh and I got new Fox River socks. I am starting to show my age. Typically I wouldn't want socks but I asked for them this year. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/crazy.gif

5. Foo

Foo Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The flu

6. Rocketmann

Rocketmann

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Got lots of duplicate stuff because people don't pay attention to wish lists. So... yesterday I placed several orders with BRS, etc to get what I wanted. :)

7. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Wii U and its the bomb. lol oh and I am ordering my new IP camera next week.

KP

8. Greater Iowa Reef Society Become a GIRS Member! GIRS Member

Iowa
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0 / -0
    My kids got a Wii U. I'm on the fence. So far it seems pretty buggy. Lots of problems with freezes and the game pad constantly losing it's connection with the console.

9. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    that the value for City is displayed in the user info for any forum post you make. The word "Private" will appear for any category of users who you have not allowed access.

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My kids got a Wii U and so far I'm on the fence about it. It seems pretty buggy. Lots of problems with games freezing and the the Game Pad getting disconnected from the console.

11. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    100.00 to seascapes! Whoo Hoo!

12. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got 2 S&W M&P40s and a lot of ammo....life is good.

13. Aquaristman

Aquaristman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got a utility knife, for college. I got a flashlight, for college. I got new waterproof boots, for college. New cloths, for college. And money for college. Yay for education. Nik you better spend that while I'm still there on something really cool! Pete I need to come over to see those tanks next week!!

14. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    My main gift was is a Cobalt Blue Kitchen Aid Mixer. I think my kids are expecting me to cook! I kind of played Santa for myself this year and went a little crazy taking advantage of Black Friday sales. I am getting closer to having what I need to set up my 120. I also played Santa for my Mandarin and gave him a fresh supply of amphipods.

15. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I also got a nice Best Buy card from my Dad. Today I went and picked up a Logitech 7.1 Wireless gaming headset and Battlefield 3 Premium Edition.

I might get to play it if it ever finishes downloading 17 gig worth of updates.

16. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    We have had not one problem yet. Did you get white one or black one? I think the hand held device play is awesome, because if I want to watch tv and Son wants to keep playing he can. What games do you have? We just bought Mad 2013 NFL football and The supper Mario Wii u game tonight. Been playing wii games in it up until now.

Yeah it was for my kids too, but I like it. It took some time to update, maybe yours is not updated all the way?

KP

17. Andy The Reef Guy

Andy The Reef Guy Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOVE me some BF3! Been premium player for a while now. My new z77 rig is going to own it, and I can't wait for Crysis 3 in Feb!!!!!

In the meantime, I got Madden 13 to keep me busy. Also a couple nice shirts. My wife got the fuzziest blanket in the world from my mom! I bogart it as much as possible.