1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Where to Shop, SE Iowa

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Guest, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ive moved down to Burlington from Montana and dont know where the good LFS are yet.  Ill be going to Iowa City over the weekend and would appreciate any suggestions on where to go and who to avoid.
    The only one Ive found so far is Coralville Bay, good things said.

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Coralville bay is good also sea of marveles in north liberty and petland in iowa city has a good saltwater section. Pets playhouse in Cedar Rapids is good for fish not so good for coral. I wouldn't buy anything from the laughably named coral reef in burlington it should be called the dead sea LOL. If you are wanting coral I live about a half hour away and have tons of stuff.
    -Bill
    PS. if you click on the resources link at the top of the page you can find all the pet stores in the area with adresses.

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I stopped at the coral reef in Burlington at Christmas. I was surprised at what they had considering the name. You should work on them to clean up their tanks & get more live stock

Is there another store in Burlington?

4. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    +1 on Coralville Bay, and Sea of Marvels. Both sell healthy stuff. Sea of Marvels is about the best advice you can get, IMHO.

5. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Posted By xroads on 04/09/2010 04:59 PM
    I stopped at the coral reef in Burlington at Christmas. I was surprised at what they had considering the name. You should work on them to clean up their tanks & get more live stock
    Is there another store in Burlington?
    Nope it's the only one[​IMG] There use to be a great pet stor in B town by the name of dans tropical pets and it was awesome! It went out of business about 6 years ago due to the owners wife getting cancer.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im looking forward to Coralville Bay after the recommends. For Siggles and ghits I went down to Coral Reef, down to goldfish and guppys /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/hybrid//emoticons/sad.gif, But I did buy a 75g for $100. Going to do a fresh planted atm, hopefully moving in less than a year and dont want to break down a reef.
    Really am thinking about going back for another 75 to use later though /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/hybrid//emoticons/smile.gif