1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Why is my location showing up as"private"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dave, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Just curious why this is defaulting to private on all of my posts. I have set all the name/address attributes to "public" on my profile....what am I missing? thanks!

2. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    If you click on your screename then click edit profile then I think you can unlock it.

3. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0

That's what I've done - turned all of the name/address/etc attributes to "public". I did notice that all of the items that don't have a value (like "street") default back to "admin only". I must be missing something....

4. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you selecting "Update" at the bottom? It appears the line items & the little paddlock do not line up correctly on my screen..not sure if that might be affecting something.

You might also try signing in and out again too.

5. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0

Yes, I have hit the "update" button at the bottom. The padlocks don't lne up on my screen either so I updated all of them to be sure.

I just signed out and back in and they are still showing "private"....thanks,

6. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It let me update mine (instantly). You might want to contact JB or post it in the website bugs forum. If you wanted to post a screenshot of that area maybe I could notice if something was set different from what mine is.

7. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0

Good suggestion. thanks.

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Change the permission setting to "Members Only". This should resolve the issue.

9. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0

That worked. Thanks!