1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

WTB Kalkwaser

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Kpotter2, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Anyone have any Kalkwaser handy? I want to add to my ATO to raise my PH up to 8 again. I am in North liberty and trying to get my PH raised up. For reasons I think I have solved, but not sure. It decided to fall to 7.8 and as low as 7.50 according to my PH probe, but I think the probe is getting old so I Re Calibrate it. It is off a bit so needs replaced. Its over a year and a half old. It all happened slowly, but really noticed it after calibration and a water change. I have ordered a new Lab grade PH probe and some 2 part Alk to get me up and going again, but it will not be here tell Friday at the earliest. I was dosing Alk and ran out a week ago. It was on its way up then I ran out. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

If anyone can help and lives close let me know.

Thanks

KP

2. mpivit Well-Known ReefKeeper

Dubuque
    Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -0
    I've always used Mrs. Wages pickeling lime from Hy-vee.

3. ThyRaven

ThyRaven Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have almost a 5 gallon bucket full of it. I dont plan to use it anytime soon. Text me if you want it.

4. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0

Yes, works just fine/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif I know WalMart (and many other places that sell canning supplies) carry/stock it. Make sure it's pickling lime though!/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/satisfied.gif

5. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Pickeling lime is the exact same thing.

6. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks guys. I think I have located some to get me by for a while. I will look into the pickling lime thing didn't know about that.

Thanks
    KP

7. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Kyle I also have a 5g bucket with plenty to spare. Let me know if you need some.